Tuesday, September 20, 2016

What makes a good writer?

  I personally think that it is important to have your own style of writing, but also be able to adapt to expectations of teachers or even editors. Your always required to meet standards and deadlines further down the line. Does anyone have a favorite author and why are they your favorite? It is okay if you say yourself because sometimes I would say myself as long as I do not get writer's block because then we are all in trouble. Seriously, do not waste talent.

  Before you create your own style of writing you have to pay attention to the process in which you write. I have a lot of favorite authors that seem genuine in how they write for example I like to read books in which the authors tells a complete and dramatic story that could be perceived as either fiction or non fiction and still make sense. Back in high school we had to carry around thick orange books full of nothing but vocabulary prompts and new words for us to learn.

 Do you think this is necessary in order to write a well thought out piece?

2 comments:

  1. Having a Diverse vocabulary is key im writing, not necessarily important. Many great authors have made simplified books become great. JK Rowling for example, has a complicated writing style but still uses common vocabulary in everday life to make his writing stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that is why I used to think that education as a whole was slanted towards a certain group of people that have a general understanding of other subjects. I do not believe school caters to a particular race, I just think that people expect us to want to do things like be a doctor or an engineer but these careers are not for everyone.

    ReplyDelete